Sacred Heart Parish traces its beginnings to 1836, when the pastor of Detroit Most Holy Trinity Church traveled to the small community of Dearbornville to celebrate mass with the Irish Catholic families who had settled there. Originally founded as St. John's and located on nearby Mason Street, the parish was rededicated as Sacred Heart in 1875. The parish purchased the land at Michigan and Military in 1917 and began construction of a school, church and convent. It was not until 1929 that the church that stands today - a familiar West Dearborn landmark - was built.
Today's parish campus includes the church, Sacred Heart Elementary School, the parish offices, and the new parish hall, constructed in 2004. Also affiliated with Sacred Heart is Mount Kelly Cemetery, located on Cherry Hill between Martha and Elizabeth streets. Founded in 1856, it is the oldest active Catholic cemetery in Dearborn.
- Hours: Mass: Mon - Fri, 9am; Sat, 4pm; Sun, 7:30am, 9:30am, 11:30 am
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp
- Founding Date: 1836
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Catholic
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes