Oakwood Hospital & Medical Center
This hospital is part of the Oakwood Healthcare System, which includes four hospitals and over 40 other medical facilities and offices in southeast Michigan. The Dearborn-based hospital is the oldest facility in the network, and also the largest.
Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center offers comprehensive care, with emergency and general medicine, surgery facilities, a cancer care center and doctors in over 70 specialties. The hospital also offers many special features, such as spiritual support, art galleries, free wireless access to patients and photo shoots for newborns.
Oakwood Healthcare is the recipient of numerous awards, including the Michigan Quality Leadership Award, the Web Marketing Association's WebAward and the Michigan Business and Professional Association's metro Detroit "101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For." Oakwood was also named in the top 100 most integrated healthcare networks by Verispan, and in the 100 Top Heart Hospitals by Thompson Reuters.
- Fax: 313-436-2038
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: January 5, 1953
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Insurance accepted: Partial list: Aetna, Blue Care Network, Blue Cross, ChoiceCare Humana, First Health PPO, Great Lakes Health Plan, HAP, Medicaid, Medicare, Midwest, Molina, Preferred Choices PPO, Priority Health, St. John Health System, Total Health Care, United Healthcar
- Appointments: Appointment suggested
- Accreditations/certifications: Accredited by The Joint Commission and received a Gold Seal of Approval in 2007 for Total Joint Replacement Program
- Affiliations: Oakwood Healthcare System
- Free consultation: No
- Financial assistance: 3rd party financing
- Parking: Paid lot, Valet
- Number of beds: 623
- Type: General
- Features: Cafeteria, Gift/flower shop, Valet parking
- Departments: Cancer center, Cardiology, Dental surgery, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Intensive care unit, Internal medicine, Neurology, OB/GYN, Orthopedic services, Pathology, Pediatrics, Physical therapy, Plastic surgery, Radiology, Rehabilitation services, Surgery, Trauma center, Urology
- Visiting hours: Mon-Sun, 11:30am - 8pm