Monroe Bakery and Delicatessen
This cozy bakery and deli was originally opened in 1955 but was taken over by Lazar and Zafina Dimovsky in 1986. It offers a wide selection of treats and savory food from eleven different kinds of bread to pies, cookies, cakes, pastries, pepperoni rolls and more. Monroe Bakery and Delicatessen offers more than two dozen kinds of sandwiches, available hot or cold, most under $3.99. There is seating for four total at two decorative tables. Monroe Bakery and Delicatessen offers a 10% discount on all baked goods for churches, schools, and work place functions. There's a $5 minimum on all credit/debit transactions and it does take corporate checks.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 5:30am - 7:30pm; Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance level with the street.
- Founding Date: 1955
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Sugar-free, Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Specialties: Cookies made with butter cream frosting, especially a cookie sandwich with butter cream frosting in the middle. Also pumpkin pie squares and baklava fingers.
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: "It's a good neighborhood with good people," Co-Owner, Zafina Dimovski.
- Top 10 menu items, or signature dishes: Canollis, cream napoleans, eclaires, beef and chicken pasties, cream cakes and decorative cakes.