Littlefield Presbyterian Church (USA)
Littlefield Presbyterian Church (USA) grew out of a Sabbath School at a storefront on Warren Avenue in 1929. Following the appointment of a pastor, the congregation was established in 1930 with a charter membership of 95 people. Early worship services were held at nearby McDonald Elementary School. About 10 years later, the congregation moved to its present location on Littlefield Boulevard. Today, the Littlefield congregation focuses on healing, reconciliation and learning to "transcend the barriers that separate God's people." To that end, Littlefield holds a Peace Camp for local youth each year to help promote understanding and acceptance. Littlefield also offers a monthly Taizé worship service, which features prayer and music woven together in a contemplative prayer. Taizé is an ecumenical Christian monastic order founded in 1940 in France.
- Fax: 313-933-7787
- Hours: Adult Sunday School: Sun, 9:15am. Worship Service: Sun, 10:30am.
- Handicap Accessible: On-street handicapped parking and ramp access
- Founding Date: 1930
- Parking: On-street: free
- Denomination: Presbyterian
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes