Knights of Columbus, Bishop Foley Council #2660
The Bishop Foley Council is a chapter of the Knights of Columbus, a Catholic fraternal and service society for men. This particular council formed in 1927, originally calling itself "The Fordson Council." It eventually changed its name to "The Bishop Foley Council" after the Diocese of Detroit from 1881 to 1918. The council supports local charitable organizations and youth programs, as well as hosts special events like "Clergy Appreciation Night." Member benefits include life insurance, scholarships/financial aid and memorial masses.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking available.
- Founding Date: November 27, 1927
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Mission: Social and intellectual fellowship is promoted among members and their families through educational, charitable, religious, social welfare, war relief and public relief works.
- Annual dues: $50
- Membership requirements: Catholic, male and over 18. All are welcome to the meetings, but you need to be voted in and initiated before you officially become a Knight.
- Meetings: Monthly