Ready to start swimming?
Dearborn’s outdoor pool season begins May 26 with the opening of Dunworth Pool at and pool.
Both pools will be open weekdays from 4-7 p.m. and Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from 12-6 p.m. through June 15.
Beginning June 16, Dunworth will feature open swimming weekdays and holidays from 1-8 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from 12-8 p.m.
Dearborn’s other four outdoor pools–, , and –will open for the summer on June 16. These four pools, along with Ford Woods, will offer open swimming daily from 1-6 p.m.
This schedule is subject to change. Some pools or portions of pools may close earlier. Check with the specific pool for more information concerning its schedule of operation.
All swimmers must either pay a daily admission fee or purchase a seasonal pool tag.
The daily admission fee is $8 for Dearborn residents and $10 for non-residents at Dunworth and $6 for residents and $9 for non-resident at the other pools. Proof of residency is required.
Pool tags, good for admission to any of the six outdoor pools during the 2012 summer pool season, are available for purchase at the service desk of the weekdays from 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
Seven types of tags are available:
- Infants (under age two) are free.
- Preschool, $15. Parents must present a copy of the child’s birth certificate and proof of residency.
- Youth (ages 17 and under), $35. Must present school-issued ID card.
- Adult (ages 18-59), $45. Must present proof of residency.
- Senior Citizen (ages 60 and over), $35. Must present proof of residency.
- Family (both parents and all children under the age of 18), $100. Proof of residency for parents and birth certificate(s) for children are required.
- Non-resident, $80.
Pool tags must be sewn on the swim suits prior to admittance.
Pool tags are good for admittance to the outdoor pools only; not the indoor pools at the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center.
For further information, call 313-943-2328.