Before you enjoy Dearborn's 2012 Homecoming Festival Aug. 3-5, answer this question: Where are you parking?
Here's a look at the rates:
- Parking rates on the Homecoming grounds at during the festival are $10. New this year are coupons that will be given with payment of the $10, good for $7 parking for each return entry during the weekend. Parking fees apply on the festival grounds starting at 11 a.m. each day.
- Lots A, B,C, D, E and H in west downtown will be offering a flat rate of $5 for all-day festival parking on Saturday and Sunday.
- The festival rate is $3 in the parking decks on West Village Drive after 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Normal rates apply in all other locations.
- Free parking, sponsored by the Henry Ford Health System-Fairlane, will be available at all three days of the festival.
Two free shuttle options exist:
- Shuttle service from Dearborn High will pick visitors up at the school parking lot, on the west side of Outer Drive, north of Michigan Avenue. The shuttle runs from 6 to 11 p.m. Friday, and noon to 11:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Dearborn Public School buses, including handicapped-accessible ones, will make continuous trips between the festival and the school parking lot.
- City of Dearborn vans will provide free shuttle service from West Village Drive from Monroe to Military from 5 to 8:30 p.m. Friday and 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Also, be on the lookout for privately run parking lots during the weekend.
Homecoming is an event organized by the City of Dearborn and the nonprofit Dearborn Community Fund. The presenting sponsor is Oakwood Healthcare.
The festival takes place Aug. 3-5 at Ford Field Park.