Michigan's high school football season will get a viewing boost this season with a partnership between the Michigan High School Athletic Association and Fox Sports Detroit, MHSAA announced this week.
MHSAA Football Friday Overtime on FOX Sports Detroit, as well as high school football on Xfinity, will broadcast varsity football games throughout the season–including the and rivalry game in September.
Beginning Friday, Aug. 24, and running for 13 weeks at is MHSAA Football Friday Overtime on FOX Sports Detroit. Mickey York and Rob Rubick host the weekly 30-minute highlights show, which comes on at midnight.
Then, each week’s featured game will be presented by Xfinity to viewers on Comcast Channel 900 on the following Tuesday at 9:30 p.m., and again on Saturday at 9 a.m. The games will be online for Xfinity subscribers at Xfinity.com/HighSchoolSports, and highlights will also be available on the Xfinity on Demand service. Here’s the complete football schedule:
- Week 1 - Birmingham Brother Rice v. Detroit Cass Tech, Aug. 25
- Week 2 - Allen Park at Brownstown Woodhaven, Aug. 30
- Week 3 - Grandville Calvin Christian v. Grand Rapids NorthPointe Christian, Sept. 7
- Week 4 - Grand Rapids Northview at Holland, Sept. 14
- Week 5 - Dearborn at Dearborn Fordson, Sept. 21
- Week 6 - Holland West Ottawa at Rockford, Sept. 28
- Week 7 - Canton v. Plymouth, Oct. 5
- Week 8 - Riverview at Grosse Ile, Oct. 12
- Week 9 - Lowell at Grand Rapids Christian, Oct. 19
In addition, one game each week during the first four rounds of the MHSAA Football Playoffs will also be presented; and three additional fall events will also be featured.