The Dearborn Fire Department responded to a call at a home in the 22000 block of Arlington Street at 4:57 a.m. The home's occupants – a 65-year-old and his son – were able to evacuate the home without injury.
According to police reports, the man informed officers that the fire started on the second floor of the house after his son knocked over a burning candle. The candle rolled behind a chair and ignited a mattress comforter. The man and his son attempted to smother the flames, however they were unsuccessful.
No injuries were reported, and the amount of property damage was unknown at the time of this post.