Oktoberfest isn't just about the beer—especially not in Dearborn.
The first-ever west Dearborn Oktoberfest, set for Friday, Oct. 5, promises to be an event with fun for the whole family.
Oktoberfest is hosted collaboratively by west Dearborn business owners, the City of Dearborn, the Dearborn Area Chamber of Commerce, and the West Dearborn Downtown Development Authority.
The activities will start at 5 p.m. in West Village Commons, located just south of Michigan Avenue between . Yes, there will be brews flowing in the beer tent, but also a lot more:
- Live music will continue all night, including performances by Junction Groove, What Happens in Vegas, and the Infatuations
- Food and retail vendors, including Green Zebra, Edible Arrangements and LaPita
- Children's activities, including crafts and face painting
- A Vegas tent, hosted by Reborn Magazine and the Dearborn Exchange Club
- Friends For the Dearborn Animal Shelter will be out showcasing adoptable animals and raising funds
A donation of $5 gets anyone 18 and older into the event; guests under 18 can attend for free. Proceeds from the event will go to the Dearborn Exchange Club, Oakwood Health Foundation, and the Dearborn Area Chamber Foundation.