The HFCC Pre-Education Council will offer its annual Pre-Education Conference Thursday, Oct. 18, 2012, from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Andrew A. Mazzara Administrative Services and Conference Center (ASCC), which is located on the main campus.
The keynote speaker for this event is Francis Mustapha of the Madina School Project. He will discuss his work to develop a school in his hometown of Sierra Leone. In addition, he will speak about the work needed to build this school and the benefits it will bring to the children and the community in Sierra Leone.
Representatives from Eastern Michigan University and the University of Michigan-Dearborn will be available to talk with students about their programs, admissions procedures and scholarship opportunities available.
In addition, this conference will be divided into different breakout sessions:
• HFCC Admissions and Pre-Education Programs;
• Developing as a Professional;
• Child Development Programs;
• Special Education;
• Transferring to a Four-Year School; and
• Earning a Teaching Certificate in Michigan.
Information about HFCC’s pre-education programs will also be available. For example, starting your college career at HFCC offers the following advantages:
• HFCC’ associate’s degree Pre-Education Program saves students money with low tuition costs;
• HFCC has transfer agreements with four-year colleges and universities to ensure that student credits transfer; and
• HFCC offers associate’s degree and certificate programs in Child Development for those interested in working with young pre-school children.
Sessions will focus on those who are considering enrollment at HFCC to begin their teacher education program and current HFCC students. Students from past conferences have noted that they have learned a great deal during the conference.
The cost to attend the Pre-Education Conference is $10 per person in advance and $13 the day of the conference. For further information, contact Dr. Deborah Zopf at (313) 845-6430 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.