Dearborn Public Library and DFCU Financial have teamed up to offer you free financial education seminars. In the "Healthy Credit" seminar, you will learn how to achieve a higher credit score.
To register, please visit the Adult Reference Desk at Henry Ford Centennial Library or call (313) 943-2330.
Your credit history and score are critical parts of your life. Credit scores are increasingly a deciding role in many major situations—beyond just the traditional loan and credit card approval. Insurance rates, housing rental rates, and yes, even employment opportunities can be impacted by your credit report or score. Topics covered:
- How to identify a fake credit score; where to obtain your "true" Fico credit score
- Several little known facts consumers should know related to credit scores
- How credit scores are impacting everyday life beyond just the traditional loan approval
- Common mistakes individuals make that can actually damage a credit score
- Advanced strategies to actually raise your credit score
- How to dispute credit report errors
Please consider registering for the other seminars in this series:
Debt-Free Living - Tuesday, March 12, 6:30-8 p.m.
Pre-Retirement Wealth Builder - Saturday, April 6, 10:30 a.m.-noon
Post-Retirement Wealth Retention - Saturday, May 4, 10:30 a.m.-noon
For additional information, visit www.dearbornlibrary.org.