Ready to start your day? Here's what you need to know.
1. The rain and fog continue today in Dearborn, says the National Weather Service. Patches of fog will likely clear by 8 a.m., but a chance of showers and thunderstorms will linger most of the day, clearing up in the evening.
2. Oakwood Common will continue its series of photography workshops with Dearborn photographer Teresa Lousias today from 1 to 3 p.m. Visitors to the free "Zen of Photography" workshop will learn framing and exhibition techniques. The workshops will culminate in an exhibition on Oct. 23.
3. Author Del Quintin Wilber will discuss his book Rawhide Down: The Near Assassination of Ronald Reagan alongside Jerry Parr, former head of security for President Ronald Reagan, at a discussion held at the today. The free lecture will take place at 7 p.m. in front of the Reagan limousine.
4. The League of Women Voters of Dearborn-Dearborn Heights is hosting a public meeting tonight on the role of federal government in public education. Held at the , the meeting takes place from 7 to 9 p.m. and is open to all.
5. In honor of Dearborn's automotive heritage, we bring you Facts. Today's Ford Fact: One of Ford Motor Company's largest product recalls came in the early 2000s, when it was found that certain Firestone tires on several Ford vehicles had very high rates of failure.