Ready to start your day? Here's what you need to know.
1. The drizzly rain that began overnight will likely continue today, according to the National Weather Service. Expect lower temperatures no higher than 60 degrees, and an increasing wind that will continue into Saturday, making for a blustery fall weekend.
2. What do baked goods, glass pumpkins and the Dearborn Fire Department have in common? They're all part of your weekend in Dearborn, if our has anything to do with it. Check it out for all the goings on around town, then tell us your plans.
3. If you're looking for ways to entertain the little ones this weekend, we have options for you, too. The Dearborn Public Library is hosting at the today at 10:30 a.m. Bring your kids to hear stories and participate in a craft for free.
4. Can't get enough of those crafts? The will host another for kids this weekend from 2-4 p.m. This weekend is String Pictures, where kids will learn about the history and role of geometric patterns in Islamic decorative arts and make their own geometric design using colorful thread and backgrounds.
5. In honor of Dearborn's automotive heritage, we bring you Facts. Today's Ford Fact: The Ford Airport, located in Dearborn, was dedicated on Jan. 15, 1926 in honor of Henry Ford.