Ready to start your day? Here's what you need to know.
1. The sunshine we grew accustomed to over the weekend will disappear today, says the National Weather Service. Though the day will start out sunny and warm, with a high around 77 degrees, expect increasing clouds later on, with a 30 percent chance of showers tonight.
2. The will host a today at the University Center for the start of Active U Autumn, a program designed to get students healthy. The expo will run from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. and include health screenings, flu shots, cooking demonstrations and giveaways. It's free and open to all, so stop by and get healthy!
3. Learn about the history of electronics and engineering at the with the - Southeastern Michigan Section. The IEEE will host a discussion and dinner beginning at 5:30 p.m. Tickets start at $65.
4. Chances are you can't jet off to California's Sonoma Valley for a wine tasting this evening, but you can get the same experience right here in Dearborn. Andiamo Dearborn will host the wine tasting tonight at 7 p.m., including eight wine pairings with light appetizers. Call 313-359-3300 to register!
5. In honor of Dearborn's automotive heritage, we bring you Facts. Today's Ford Fact: Ford Motor Company has been awarded the Breakthrough Product Award by Popular Mechanics for developing the world's first rear inflatable seatbelts, which combined the safety features of both a seatbelt and an airbag.