Ready to start your day? Here's what you need to know.
1. A 30 percent chance of showers will hang around Dearborn Monday morning, according to the National Weather Service. The clouds will part as the day goes on and the high temperature will hit near 78 degrees. A moderate wind–with some big gusts–will be blowing most of the day.
2. Sad news for all the swimmers out there: , , and pools closed for the season yesterday, Aug. 14. Dunworth and Ford Woods pools will remain open through Sept. 5.
3. The good news is that there's one last chance to jump in and swim. The good folks of Save Our Pools will be having a fundraiser at the pool at Summer-Stephens Park on Tuesday from 6 to 8 p.m. The event will include food, live music and open swimming for the whole family. No tags are needed and donations will be accepted.
4. The Dearborn Public Library Blockbuster Films Series continues tonight at the with a showing of The Hustler. The film begins at 7 p.m. in the auditorium and is free for all who wish to attend.
5. In honor of Dearborn's automotive heritage, we bring you Ford Facts. Today's fact: In 1901–before the incorporation of Ford Motor Company–Henry Ford won a car race in Grosse Pointe.