If you love sweet potatoes, there's only one stop you need to make at the Dearborn Farmers Market.
Detroit-based Sweet Potato Sensations has been serving up all types of dishes made with the root vegetable since 1987
"We starting working in our basement," recalls Jeffrey Thomas, who runs the company with his wife, Cassandra, and daughters Charice and Jennifer.
They've come a long way.
Sweet Potato Sensations now has a store at 17337 Lahser in Detroit, and is at the Dearborn market every Friday. They sell pies, cookies, cheesecakes, ice cream—basically anything delicious that can be made with a sweet potato.
Can't get enough? Try out one of the recipes they've shared on their website, www.sweetpotatosensations.com.
Name: Sweet Potato Sensations
Sells: Sweet potato-based desserts
Find them at the Dearborn Market: Weekly
Learn more: Visit www.sweetpotatosensations.com, or call 313-532-7996
Also at the market this week
- Music from the Anthony Lai Band
- Fall harvest time! Get your fresh pumpkins and squash
- EBT continues and Double Up Bucks continues
- Community Supported Agriculture Shares Raffle
- Henry Ford Community College features green energy solutions