Two Dearborn companies are among the 5,000 fastest-growing in the country, according to an analysis released last week by Inc.com.
The companies, DGE, Tax Trilogy and EDSI, all were ranked based on growth over the past three years.
The fastest-growing private company overall was Unified Payments, a payment-processing service based in North Miami Beach, Florida. The Plymouth-based Marketplace Homes was the top Detroit-area company on the list (it ranked 189).
Here's a look at the fastest-growing companies in the Dearborn area:
- What it is: Provides tax compliance and consulting services, including source data analysis, return preparations, filing and payments, tax jurisdiction notice management, and account reconciliation support.
- 3-year growth: 369 percent
- Revenue: $2.9 million
- Founded: 2007
- Employees: 34, including 23 added in the past three years
- Ranks: 899 overall; 15 in Detroit; 52 in industry.
- What it is: A national company, providing job placement services to more than 50,000 clients–including those who are unemployed, displaced, non-custodial parents, economically disadvantaged or ex-offenders.
- 3-year growth: 22 percent
- Revenue: $34 million
- Founded: 1979
- Employees: 385, including 47 added in past three years.
- Ranks: 4,469 overall; 79 in Detroit; 250 in industry.
The rankings span 25 industries and 50 states; they included 144 companies in Michigan and 89 in the metro-Detroit area. According to the introduction to the report on Inc.com, "Since the economy scraped bottom three years ago, consumers were pulling back, businesses large and small were hunkering down, but these scrappy enterprises were kicking into gear."
The 5,000 companies have grown from $196 billion in sales in 2008 to $299 billion in 2011, which is an average growth rate of 355 percent.