The Islamic holy month of Ramadan–a time of prayer, reflection, bonding and fasting for Muslims–began July 20, and so did a slew of special hours and meal offerings at Dearborn restaurants, cafes and bakeries.
Here's a look at some of the offerings of local businesses during Ramadan, which lasts until Aug. 18. Don't see your favorite on the list? Add it in the comments!
- Restaurants like , and will be hosting buffet dinners throughout the month of Ramadan.
- will host an all-you-can-eat buffet dinner during the month. The cost is $14.95 for adults; $9.95 for kids.
- is taking a unique approach to serving customers during the Islamic holy month. On Friday and Saturday nights, the restaurant will close at 10 p.m., but then will reopen four hours later to serve customers from 2-5 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday morning.
- Many bakeries are also extending hours. will be open until 10:30 on weekdays and will extend past midnight on Friday, Saturday and Sunday to close at 1 a.m.
- will open at 4 p.m., but will not close until 5 a.m.
- , , and Saj Bakery in Dearborn Heights will be open 24 hours a day for Ramadan.
- Some cafes will also be hosting extended hours during Ramadan. — which will be extending its weekday hours to 11 p.m. and weekend hours to 1 a.m — and the in downtown west Dearborn — which will be open until 1 a.m. every day.