Ford Motor Company is partnering with the Henry Ford Health System to sponsor the 'Get Your Heart Racing' event to help in the fight to combat heart disease.
1:30 to 5 p.m. - Track Event, Deaborn Development Center, Dearborn, MI
5 to 9 p.m. - Winner's Circle Afterglow, Conference and Event Center, Dearborn, MI
• Shelby Tickets - $2500
Includes one drive ticket, one pit pass for a guest and two tickets to Winner's Circle Afterglow event.
• Winner's Circle Afterglow Tickets - $500
Includes one ticket to the Afterglow Event.
• 4 Shelby tickets being raffled for $20 per raffle ticket
• Shelby Ticket holders can participate in special activities on the Ford Race Track:
- Drag Racing - two-car, short course
- Highway Driving Simulation - drive a selection of Ford vehicles
- Wet Pad - helmeted ride with professional drive on skid pad
- Driving Challenge - drive a coned course
- Hot Laps - ride in Mustang on high-speed track. 3 guests will be randomly chosen to ride with Formula Drift 2010 Champion Vaughn Gittin Jr.
- Over the Top - drive F-150s or Explorers on an off-road course
(drivers must be 18 years and older and have a minimum of one year of driving experience)
• Pit Pass Activities Include:
- Access to Track Development Center
- Viewing of track activities
- Tour of track facility
- Tail gating and viewing of UM vs. MSU football game
- Laguna Seca Mustang Slot Car Track
- World's largest foosball table
- Refreshments and snacks
- Access to Henry Ford Greenfield Village & Museum on the day of the event
• Shelby ticket holders can bring a guest for a track tour and are able to attend the Winner's Circle Afterglow for dinner and keynote speaker Alan Mulally, Ford Motor Co. CEO. Million dollar cars will be on display.
• Entertainment by Bill Malone
• Silent/Live Auctions (including American Idol finale tickets and the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca-designed specifically for this event)
• Casual dress. Those who are on track must wear jeans and athletic shows.
• Phones and cameras checked at door.
Proceeds from the event benefit Edith and Benson Ford Heart & Vascular Institute at Henry Ford Hospital and the Center for Cardiac Care at Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital -- henryfordwyandotte.com