Greenfield Village is ushering in fall with two full days of cooking demonstrations.
Schedule of events:
- Firestone Farm - Sauerkraut, vegetable soup from the Buckeye Cookbook and graham bread.
- Henry Ford Home - Concord grape jelly preserved, baked apples au beurre and chicken salad
- Mattox Family Home - Hoppin John with salt ham, stuffed eggplant and scuppernog grape jelly.
- Adams Family Home - Apple rice pudding, rabbit pie and fried cabbage with bacon.
- Edison Homestead - Creamed cauliflower, pumpkin pie, roast turkey with chestnut dressing and gravy.
- Susquehanna Plantation - Stuffed planked fish, baked apple pudding and scalloped potatoes.
- Daggett Farmhouse - Beer brewing, bread making, stuffed cabbage and roast lamb.
- Noon & 2 p.m. - Cooking demonstration with Chef Michael Trombley, The Henry Ford's executive chef
- 2 p.m. - Tour of Firestone Farm Orchard
The Village Store will be offering free tastings of Greenfield Village Fresh Made Fudge, Greenfield Village Preserves, Dearborn Sausage Mini-Sticks and Brownwood Farms Cherry Salsa and Preserves.
• Free to members and those who pay for admission the Village
Greenfield Village Admission:
- Non-member seniors (62 & up) -- $21
- Adults (13-61) -- $22
- Youth (5-12) -- $16
- Children (4 and under) -- Free
Parking is $5 per vehicle