The City of Dearborn holds its annual tree-lighting ceremony and sing-along at the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center. The event is held in conjunction with the Festival of Trees, going on Nov 21-28, which benefits Children's Hospital of Michigan Foundation.
There is no cost to attend the Nov. 22 event or the Festival of Trees the night of the lighting. The evening's schedule is as follows:
- 6 p.m. Dearborn Community Bell Choir (Michal A. Guido Theater Lobby)
- 6:30 p.m. Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony with Mayor John B. O’Reilly, Jr. (outside, in the Theater Circular Drive)
- 6:45 p.m. Everyone enters the Michal A. Guido Theater
- 7 p.m. Holiday-Themed Performance featuring the Dearborn Youth Symphony Flute Choir and the Dearborn Public School’s Honors Choir
- 7:30 p.m. Christmas Sing-Along with Mayor John B. O’Reilly, Jr.
- 7:50 p.m. Refreshments in the Main Lobby and a visit with Santa Claus in Studio A
- 7:50 p.m. Festival of the Trees Holiday Season Exhibit inside the Hubbard Ballroom
All are welcome. For more information, call 313-943-2354.