Invite a friend
Post-Retirement Wealth Retention
Dearborn Public Library and DFCU Financial, Michigan’s largest credit union headquartered in Dearborn, are teaming up to bring you a series of financial education seminars to help you strengthen your financial muscle and make your money work for you – now and in the future.
The seminars will be presented by Charles Hoff, an accredited financial counselor through the Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education, who has been with DFCU Financial for more than 15 years.
The first step in your financial fitness plan is to set up a budget. Debt-Free Living, on Saturday, September 29, will discuss how to develop and use a budget to help you achieve your long-range goals. The second seminar, Pre-Retirement Wealth Builder, on Saturday, October 20, will teach you strategies to money management that will get you to retirement in a financially healthy state.
The series ends with Post-Retirement Wealth Retention, on Saturday, November 10, and this seminar will provide guidance on how to preserve what you’ve accumulated while offering ideas on how to live comfortably on less income during retirement.
The seminars will be held from 10:30 a.m. to noon in the auditorium of Henry Ford Centennial Library, 16301 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn. There is no cost to attend these seminars, but registration is required. You may sign up for one, two, or all three seminars by calling the Henry Ford Centennial Library Adult Reference Desk at (313) 943-2330.
More About Henry Ford Centennial Library
The Henry Ford Centennial Library is the largest of Dearborn's four branches. Its name comes from the fact that Ford Motor Company deeded the land where the library was to be built to the city on July 30, 1963 — the 100th anniversary of Henry Ford's birth. The library cost approximately $3.5 million to build, with all of the funds coming from Ford Motor Company and the Ford Foundation. Although the Henry Ford Centennial originally housed only library staff, the Dearborn Health Department relocated its offices into the west end of the building in 1979, where they have remained ever since.
Other events here
- William Shakespeare: His Life, Times, and Work Tue, May 21, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Food for Fines at Dearborn Public Library June 3, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 6, 2013 / June 7, 2013 / June 10, 2013 / June 11, 2013 / June 12, 2013 / June 13, 2013 / June 14, 2013,
- Discussion group on Swann's Way by Marcel Proust Tue, Jun 11, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Bellini Opera Theatre of Michigan June 20, 2013 / July 11, 2013 / August 22, 2013 / October 17, 2013 / November 21, 2013 / December 19, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Lecture on Swann's Way by Marcel Proust Mon, Jun 24, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm