Invite a friend
HFCC Fifty-One O One student-run restaurant opens
The restaurant located in the Student & Culinary Arts Center on the main campus – will reopen for the fall 2012 Semester on Wednesday, Sept. 19, at its new time of 11:30 a.m.
Each week, the restaurant will present a particular theme. The schedule is as follows:
• Week of Sept. 19: the theme is Southern Italian;
• Week of Sept. 25: the theme is Premium Steak House;
• Week of Oct. 2: the theme is Cuisine of the Midwest;
• Week of Oct. 9: the theme is German Cuisine;
• Week of Oct. 16: the theme is French Cuisine;
• Week of Oct. 23: the theme is Polish & Central European Cuisine;
• Week of Oct. 30: the theme is Northern Cuisine;
• Week of Nov. 6: the theme is French Cuisine;
• Week of Nov. 13: the theme is Cuisine of New England;
• Week of Nov. 20: the theme is Greek Cuisine; and
• Week of Nov. 27: the theme is Cuisine of the Pacific Northwest.
Additionally, please make note of the following special dates:
• Wednesday, Oct. 10: Oktoberfest Buffet;
• Thursday, Oct. 25: Wild Game Scholarship Dinner ($45 per person; visit www.henryfordculinary.com for further information); and
• Wednesday, Nov. 14: Holiday Buffet.
The restaurant is open every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday during the fall semester from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Please note the new time. The restaurant’s dinner hours have not changed – they remain 6 to 7:45 p.m.
Reservations are requested and begin Sept 19. For more information and to make reservations, please call 313.206.510
More About Henry Ford Community College
Henry Ford Community College offers a vast array of two-year programs and continuing education classes, and is known for its culinary arts and nursing programs. Other students often begin their college careers at HFCC, where tuition is lower than average university costs, before transferring to another school.
HFCC, home of the Hawks, also takes in many high school students from the Dearborn Public Schools for dual enrollment, ensuring that DPS seniors can graduate with up to two years of college already completed. Many students are dual-enrolled through Henry Ford Early College.
Though HFCC is a commuter college, it features a vast array of student activities, including theater productions, art gallery shows and athletics.