Today in Dearborn: Oct. 6
Five things you need to know to start your day in Dearborn.
Ready to start your day? Here's what you need to know.
1. The perfect weather continues today, according to the National Weather Service. Expect temperatures in the mid-70s and sunny skies all day. Perfect day for a fall drive!
2. The Dearborn Public Library is hosting Preschool Story Time at the Henry Ford Centennial Library. Starting at 2 p.m., kids age 3-5 will enjoy stories, fingerplays and a craft. Guardians must remain in the room during the activities.
3. The Arab American National Museum will host an open house for educators today from 4:30-6 p.m. Educators will have the chance to meet with staff and learn about education-enhancing opportunities available at the museum. Free refreshments and tours will be provided.
4. The O'Kelly Banquet Hall Fall Luncheon Series continues today with UFOs Are Real–a presentation given by astonomer and field investigator Mike Best. Doors open at 11:30 a.m., and tickets are $12 for all guests.
5. In honor of Dearborn's automotive heritage, we bring you Ford Facts. Today's Ford Fact: The Ford Hispanic Network will host a Hispanic Heritage Month celebration today at Ford World Headquarters beginning at 6 p.m. The Keynote speaker is Cristian de la Fuente, a celebrity author, pilot and popular television actor. Tickets are $25-75 and are available online.