Today in Dearborn: Oct. 28
Five things you need to know to start your day in Dearborn.
Ready to start your day? Here's what you need to know.
1. The National Weather Service predicts that we'll have mostly sunny skies today with a high of 50. However, a chance of rain will move in tonight. Keep your fingers crossed for the sun to stick around!
2. Plan your weekend without all the fuss! We have the low-down on all the Halloween fun, educational seminars and fundraiser galas you can fit into 72 hours in our Weekend Planner. What are your plans?
3. The Dearborn Farmers Market is nearing its end. Stop by today between 8 a.m.-1 p.m. to pick up one last bag of caramel corn and one more bushel of green beans. And be sure to add your favorite photos and memories from this season to our photo gallery looking back at the 2011 market.
4. Did you miss the first Fordson-Dearborn High rivalry football game? Now's your chance to get in on the fun. The two teams face off again tonight in the first round of varsity playoffs on the Pioneers' field. The game starts at 7 p.m. Take our poll and tell us who you think will win.
5. In honor of Dearborn's automotive heritage, we bring you Ford Facts. Today's Ford Fact: The famous "Battle of the Overpass" between Ford Motor Company security and UAW organizers took place in 1937. The incident resulted in a court order for Ford to stay out of union activity.