Today in Dearborn: Oct. 26
Five things you need to know to start your day in Dearborn.
Ready to start your day? Here's what you need to know.
1. The National Weather Service says the rain and clouds that rolled in overnight will stick around today in Dearborn. Expect showers on and off throughout most of the day, with temperatures in the mid 50s.
2. Don't eat breakfast yet! The City Beautiful All-Schools Breakfast starts at 7 a.m. at Park Place Banquet Hall. Learn what the City Beautiful Schools program is all about, and congratulate junior commissioners on their new positions.
3. The city will host its annual Boo Bash tonight at the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center. Bring the kids down–in costume, if they like–for games, candy, inflatables and more. Admission is $10 and the event runs 6-8:30 p.m.
4. Bailey's Pub and Grille is hosting a Bowling Fundraiser for St. Jude's Research Hospital tonight at Mercury Lanes. A $20 admission fee gets you two games, food and drink specials. The fun and fundraising starts at 7 p.m.
5. In honor of Dearborn's automotive heritage, we bring you Ford Facts. Today's Ford Fact: Ford Motor Company signed its first contract with the United Auto Workers union in June of 1941. At that time, the contract covered 123,000 employees.