Today in Dearborn: Oct. 17
Five things you need to know to start your day in Dearborn.
Ready to start your day? Here's what you need to know.
1. The National Weather Service predicts a crisp, fall day for Dearborn with partly cloudy skies and a high temperature of 60 degrees.
2. If you're looking for something to do today, the Dearborn Public Library has you covered with events at the Henry Ford Centennial Library. First, those still looking to hone their computer skills can attend an Introduction to Email workshop from 5:30-8 p.m. Register for the free workshop by calling 313-943-2330.
3. Or, check out Fast Five, the last film in the Fast and the Furious series. The film will be showing at 7 p.m. in the HFCL auditorium and is open and free to all. Popcorn welcome!
4. Lastly, kids and teens are invited to take part in a week-long book swap at the library, which begins at 9:30 a.m. today. Kids up to age 17 can bring in their used, age-appropriate books and take home some new ones. The swap lasts until Oct. 22, and is free to participate in.
5. In honor of Dearborn's automotive heritage, we bring you Ford Facts. Today's Ford Fact: On Feb. 10, 1942, Ford Motor company completely ceased production of cars in order to focus efforts on making combat-related vehicles for World War II.