Today in Dearborn: June 24
Five things you need to know to start your day in Dearborn.
Ready to start your day? Here's what you need to know.
1. All the rain and wind has put a chill in the air today, so bring a light jacket with you when you head out. According to the National Weather Service, highs will not even reach 70 degrees today, and there's still a 50 percent chance of showers. But don't worry, because summer will return this weekend, with temps closer to 80 and plenty of sun on Saturday and Sunday.
2. If you didn't pick up a new furry friend from the Dearborn Animal Shelter earlier this week at Feline Fun Day, you have another chance at Pet-A-Palooza. The event takes place at the Palace of Auburn Hills on Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Friends For the Dearborn Animal Shelter will be there on Saturday to introduce their adoptable animals and take applications.
3. What are your plans this weekend? If you're still scratching your head over that question, check out our handy dandy weekend planner, which has the scoop on the coolest things to do this weekend (and beyond) in Dearborn.
4. State Rep. George Darany (D-Dearborn) will be holding his constituent hours today at Dearborn's Senior Center from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. The Senior Center is located at the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center. Dearborn residents are encouraged to stop by and meet with Rep. Darany to share their ideas and concerns regarding state government.
5. In honor of Dearborn's automotive heritage, we bring you Ford Facts. Today's fact: The blue and white Ford Motor Company oval trademark was first introduced in 1907.