Today in Dearborn: July 22
Five things you need to know to start your day in Dearborn.
Ready to start your day? Here's what you need to know.
1. Temperatures will drop slightly today into this weekend, according to the National Weather Service. But it'll still hover around 90 degrees all weekend, with a 40-50 percent chance of thunderstorms lingering all the while.
2. The Players Guild of Dearborn presents Free to Be...You and Me on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 7:30 p.m. Watch as kids explore all the possibilities that life can offer–an inspiring show for all ages! All shows are $5 per ticket.
3. The Museum Guild of Dearborn's annual garage sale continues today and tomorrow from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., respectively. Pick up some local goodies–and possibly some with historical value–while helping raise funds for the Dearborn Historical Museum.
4. The First Presbyterian Church of Dearborn is hosting a Lego Block Party this weekend. Have kids who are excellent builders? Drop off their masterpiece today between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. and 4 to 6 p.m. Then come see the creations of some of Dearborn's most innovative Lego builders starting at 12 p.m. Saturday, with an awards ceremony at 1 p.m.
5. In honor of Dearborn's automotive heritage, we bring you Ford Facts. Today's fact: Ford Motor Company's current president and CEO is American businessman Alan Mulally. He previously served as the executive vice president of Boeing, where he had worked since 1969.