Today in Dearborn: Aug. 17
Five things you need to know to start your day in Dearborn.
Ready to start your day? Here's what you need to know.
1. Wednesday in Dearborn will be mostly sunny with a high around 84 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. However, a 40 percent chance of rain will roll in later in the day and stick around overnight. Hold on to your hat as well–things could get a little windy.
2. The final Dearborn Master Plan meeting will be held tonight at the Dearborn Hills Golf Course clubhouse at 7 p.m. This meeting is geared toward Cherry Hill, Fairlane and West Dearborn Center residents–although any participants are welcome to take part in the workshop. For information on all previous master plan meetings, click here.
3. Another night of Jazz on the Ave will take place tonight at City Hall Park. Courtesy of the East Dearborn Downtown Development Authority, the free concert will begin at 7 p.m. In the event of rain, the concert will be moved to the Arab American National Museum. The Urban Jazz Collection will perform.
4. The Senior Alliance will be hosting a Personal Action Toward Health seminar today from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The seminar will be held at Hubbard Manor East, located at 5500 Calhoun Street, and will aim at helping people with chronic conditions to learn how to live better lives.
5. In honor of Dearborn's automotive heritage, we bring you Ford Facts. Today's fact: Announced Monday, Ford Motor Company will receive $10.8 million from the federal government for a lawsuit over the Rouge Complex cleanup. The original suit was filed in 2004.