Have a lot of love to give this season, but don't know where to give to? Several local businesses, nonprofits and the city of Dearborn are holding drives for clothing, toys and more. Here's how you can help?
1. City of Dearborn Warm Clothing Drive: Donate your gently used coats, hats, scarves, mittens, earmuffs–well, you get the idea. The drive runs through Dec. 14. Click here for a full list of donation locations.
2. HYPE Athletics Toy Drive: This drive supports the Volunteers of America Michigan chapter's Athletes Adopting Families program, which provides toys and clothing to families in need. The drive runs through Dec. 2, and items can be dropped off at any HYPE event or practice. For more information, visit their website, or call 313-357-5458.
3. Coupons for Coats: Through Dec. 31, Steven Bernard Jewelers is taking donations of new or gently used coats. In exchange, shoppers will receive 20 percent off coupons for use within the store. Contact SBJ for further information at 313-562-8484 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Sacred Heart Clothing Drive: Sacred Heart Catholic Parish will host its annual clothing drive from noon on Saturday until 1 p.m. Sunday. All donations of winter clothing, as well as bedding, shoes and boots, will go to the Society of St. Vincent de Paul to be sold at their local thrift stores.
5. Toys for Tots: The nation's biggest toy drive will have several drop-off locations in Dearborn this year. Current listings on the Toys for Tots metro Detroit site include St. Paul Lutheran Church and Toys "R" Us–both through Dec. 4–as well as the Divine Child Men's Club. Buffalo Wild Wings will also host a fundraiser on Nov. 28 with several team members from the Detroit Lions will stop by and sign autographs.