Running the Detroit Marathon, Dearborn? Good Luck (and Share Your Pics)!
The Detroit Free Press Talmer Bank Marathon is Sunday, Oct. 21.
More than 24,000 runners and walkers are expected to participate in the 35th Detroit Free Press Talmer Bank Marathon this weekend. Are you one of them?
The race begins at 6:58 a.m. Sunday through the streets of Detroit and Windsor; the event also includes a half-marathon and 5K.
Will you be Instagraming mid-race? Tweeting from the sidelines? If you're from Dearborn, we wish you luck and encourage you to share with us your photos from the day. Upload them to this gallery by clicking on the "Upload photos and video" button.
If you're heading downtown, here's a list of road closures, courtesy of the Michigan Department of Transportation:
- From 6 a.m. – 9 a.m. Sunday, the northbound I-75 ramp to the Ambassador Bridge;
- From 6 a.m. – 11 a.m. Sunday, the northbound I-75/eastbound I-96 ramp to southbound M-10;
- From 6 a.m. – 11 a.m. Sunday, southbound M-10 will be closed at Howard Street
- From 6 a.m. – 3 p.m. Sunday, Michigan Avenue will be closed between 6th Street and Campus Martius
- From 6 a.m. – 3 p.m. Sunday, Fort Street between Rosa Parks Blvd and M-10.
For details about the race, visit www.freepmarathon.com.