Preschool Enrollment Open for Dearborn Schools
Open houses on the district's preschool programs will be held April 18 at several locations.
Registration is now open for the Dearborn Public Schools Early Childhood Program for the 2012-13 school year, the district announced this week. Parents are encouraged to sign up as soon as possible, as space is limited and spots fill up quickly.
All parents are invited to attend a special Open House event being held on Wednesday, April 18, from 5-7 p.m. at the following locations:
- DuVall Elementary, 22561 Beech
- Haigh Elementary, 601 Silvery Lane
- Henry Ford Community College Child Development Center, 5101 Evergreen
- Howard Elementary, 1611 N. York
- Lindbergh Elementary, 500 N. Waverly
- Snow Elementary, 2000 Culver
- Whitmore-Bolles Elementary, 21501 Whitmore
According to the district, Dearborn Public Schools preschool programs provide appropriate lessons that will help children grow socially, develop emotionally, enhance cognitive development, and gain independence.
Programs available for 2012-13 include:
- Summer Adventure Club at Snow
- All-Day Preschool at Snow and Lindbergh
- Kid's Club Before and After School at Duvall, Haigh, Howard, Lindbergh, Long, Snow and Whitmore-Bolles
- Childcare and All-Day Preschool at the HFCC Child Development Center
- Mini Scholars (3 years old) and Little Scholars (4 years old) at Duvall, HFCC, Howard, Long and Snow
- Montessori Preschool at Howe
For further information, stop by any school listed above and speak with the site manager or head teacher, or call the Child Development Center at 313-317-6527.