Nonprofit Groups You Can Help at Homecoming
Here's a look at the groups that will benefit when you spend at Homecoming this weekend.
Go ahead–get that Italian sausage, and wash it down with a beer. It's for a good cause.
Dearborn’s annual Homecoming festival runs through Aug. 5 at Ford Field Park, and more than 30 nonprofit groups participate in Homecoming, with more than 20 involved directly in fundraising.
In fact, all the food and beverage booths outside of the carnival area are exclusively organized and staffed by Dearborn-based nonprofit groups, and the money raised in the booths goes back to the community through their worthwhile causes.
Combined, these groups raise about $70,000 each year for the Dearborn community and beyond.
Here's a list of the Dearborn-based nonprofit groups involved in Homecoming. Find your favorites, then stop by to support them this weekend!
- American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association
- American Legion Post 364
- Dearborn Area Chamber of Commerce
- Dearborn Commission on Disability Concerns.
- Dearborn Exchange Club
- Dearborn Federation of Teachers
- Dearborn Historical Museum
- Dearborn Firefighters Burn Drive
- Dearborn High Athletic Booster Club
- Dearborn Lions Club
- Dearborn Outer Drive Kiwanis Club
- Dearborn Rotary Club
- Edsel Ford High Athletic Booster Club
- Fordson Varsity Alumni Club
- Father O’Kelley Knights of Columbus
- Friends for the Dearborn Animal Shelter
- Friends of the Dearborn Library
- Italian American Fraternal Club of Dearborn
- University of Michigan-Dearborn Alumni Legacy Foundation.
- Polish League of American Veterans Post 75
- The Going Green Foundation
- VFW Post 2107 Men’s Auxiliary
- Henry Ford Community College’s radio station WHFR
- Fairlane Alliance Church
- Guardian Lutheran School
- St. Clement Orthodox Church
- American Moslem Society
- American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life