MDOT 2013 Construction Includes I-94 Telegraph Bridge
The Metro Region program will include $187 million in bridge and pavement repair.
The Michigan Department of Transportation's $187 million construction program for 2013 will include repairs to the I-94 bridge over Telegraph Road.
According to a press release from MDOT, the $1.2 million project will "reconstruct the bridge approaches over US-24."
There's no set timeline on that project or dozens of others, which MDOT detailed this week.
The Metro Region 2013 program will provide roughly $142 million for pavement repair and roughly $45 million to upgrade bridges to good condition. This will include repair of 80 miles of pavement and 15 bridges in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb and St. Clair counties.
"Our 2013 program focuses on stretching our dwindling funds to best preserve our vital roads and bridges," said Metro Region Engineer Tony Kratofil in a statement. "We do this by using proven asset management strategies to ensure that we continue to provide the greatest return on tax payers' investments."
Other Wayne County projects include:
- M-14: a $1.7 million investment to resurface more than 2 miles between Sheldon and Haggerty roads.
- I-75: a $1.8 investment to reconstruct the ramps at the Eureka Road interchange.
- M-85 (Fort Street): a $3 million investment to resurface more than 7 miles between I-75 and Sibley Road.
- M-85 (Fort Street): the second year of a $40 million investment to reconstruct more than 4 miles between Sibley to Goddard roads.
Plus the following projects in Detroit:
- I-94: a $9.5 million investment to replace the West Grand Boulevard overpass.
- I-94: an $8 million investment to replace the M-53 (Van Dyke Avenue) overpass.
- M-102 (Eight Mile Road): an $11.5 million investment to resurface 3 miles between US-24 (Telegraph Road) and M-39 (Southfield Freeway).
- I-75: a $3.3 million investment to resurface more than 5 miles between Piquette Avenue and M-102 (Eight Mile Road).
- M-97 (Jefferson Avenue): a $231,000 investment to reconstruct the eastbound ramp to M-10 (Lodge Freeway).
- M-85 (Fort Street): a $46 million investment to replace the Bascule Bridge over the Rouge River.
Find the full list of projects at www.michigan.gov/mdot to see how the construction season will affect your commute and travel plans.