Dearborn Mayor Jack O'Reilly held his State of the City address Monday night in the Dearborn City Hall City Council chambers.
In his speech, O'Reilly addressed both the issues facing Dearborn, as well as upcoming developments and successes–and new ways for residents to measure city progress.
O'Reilly unveiled the city's Performance Dashboard, which he explained is "a meaningful tool to measure our efforts and assess how we are doing as an organization.
"Essentially, it's our report card."
O'Reilly focused heavily on the city government's transparency on issues, as well as their commitment to giving residents results for their tax dollars.
"We cannot worry first about satisfying this group vs. that group," he said. "We worry first about our whole community. We pursue what's best for the future of our city because we know that's what is best for all of us in the long run."
CDTV's schedule for airing the State of City, beginning March 7, is as follows:
• Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays : 7 a.m., 11 a.m., 3 p.m., 7 p.m. and 11 p.m.
• Tuesdays and Thursdays: 8 a.m., noon and 4 p.m.
• Saturdays: 9 a.m., 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
• Sundays: 9 a.m., 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Detroit Red Wings Raise Funds for Family of Westland Firefighter
- Stamp Prices Increase: How Much Will Stamps Cost In 2013?
- Dearborn Will Drop Contract With Brock Sweeping for Road Cleanup
- City Prosecutor Amends Charges Against Dearborn Police Officer
- 6 Larcenies, 2 Vehicle Thefts Reported in Dearborn