Get a Little Irish With Upcoming HFCC Buffet
The student-run restaurant, Fifth-One O One, will hold its St. Patrick's Day Buffet March 13.
The luck of the Irish comes to Henry Ford Community College on Wednesday, March 13, as the Hospitality Studies Dept. holds its St. Patrick’s Day Buffet at Fifty-One O One—HFCC’s student-run restaurant located in the Student and Culinary Arts Center on the main campus.
Lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Dinner will be served from 6 to 7:45 p.m.
Here's a look at the menu:
- Galway Bay seafood chowder
- Dublin style carved corned beef & cabbage with stone ground ale mustard
- Colcannon potatoes (mashed potatoes with cabbage)
- Emerald Isle braised salmon with leeks, fennel, diced tomato and white wine
- Highlander shepherd’s pie (ground lamb and beef with diced parsnips, garnished with whipped potatoes)
- Rosie’s fire-roasted vegetables (turnips, carrots and parsnips)
The salad bar includes:
- Mixed green salad
- Pickled and fresh vegetables
- Penne pasta & basil pesto salad
- Redskin potato salad
- Assorted relish tray
- Choice of house-made dressing
- Bailey’s Irish Cream cheesecake
- Grasshopper torte
- Irish bread pudding with lemon sauce
- Chocolate stout cake
Entertainment provided by Carey’s Company. The cost is $14 per person. Beer and wine are available for purchase at a cash bar. Reservations are not required, but recommended.
For reservations and information, call 313-206-5101.